Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Need to be Motivated

I have been neglecting this blog and this is the one that should be nearest and dearest to my heart because I love to write. I don't know maybe I feel like I am getting more attention with my other blogs but I can't leave my passion behind. I need to find focus and be motivated to not only get this blog up and running but also to get my novels on the ball.

I was trying to find a way to stay organized. I don't like using a bunch of folders and things like that because I can never remember which one I put what I am looking for in. I use notebooks from time to time but again I forgot where I put them and what I was writing down. It becomes frustrating. I want to complete a novel and make it one worth reading but I in order to do that I need to have all my ducks in a row.

I started reading First Draft in 30 Days by Karen Wiesner again and realized that I needed a better way to organize my ideas and thoughts. So I log onto my computer and I see OneNote come up. I haven't used this program in quite some time. Reviewing it and looking a tutorial I see that this is the answer to my problem.

OneNote has some very key advantages that Word or my notebook doesn't have. For instance. I am able to create a notebook specifically for the book I am working on and within this book I can create tabs for notes and my outline. I can also create pages under those tabs to represent specific items or characters for that topic.

I mean the light bulb went off with a bright shining light. The ultimate advantage is that I can use it on my phone to jot down things no matter where I am and it will sync with the one that is on my computer. I don't have to use a dropbox and then copy it into another document.

I am looking forward to getting my creative juices up and running again. There is nothing like being motivated and excited to make things happen.

Well until next time. I will let you know what happens when I get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment